Back to list
Information for Referring Practitioners arranging Post Vasectomy Semen Samples at TDL
Please make an APPOINTMENT for ALL Post Vasectomy Semen Analyses
Ask your patient to phone directly, or please arrange an appointment for him, on this telephone number:
020 7025 7940
It may be necessary to give patients who attend without an appointment a specific time to re-attend.
First appointments are usually at least 16 weeks and 24 ejaculations after vasectomy.
If producing a sample at home, please ask the patient to telephone to give an approximate time that he will be dropping the sample off
- Please complete a request form for your patient to bring to reception.
- Ideally, patients need 2-3 days sexual abstinence for the test, but not less than 2 days and not more than 5 days. Patients who are non-compliant may need to reschedule their appointment.
- It is preferential for patients to attend Wimpole Street but if this is not possible, samples must be delivered within 60 minutes.
- For patients producing samples at home, please ask them to read the Instructions for Collection of Semen Samples.
- When your patient brings the sample into the laboratory, they will be asked to fill out an Information Form to accompany their sample
- Batch tested sample containers and non-spermicidal condoms will be provided by TDL for patients who are unable to produce a sample at Wimpole Street. Patients must use these containers only.
- Patient reception is at 55 Wimpole Street, London W1G 8YL.
If you have any queries, please call Dr Sheryl Homa at the Andrology Laboratory on 020 7025 7940.