Down’s Risk Screening (DRP)
The antenatal screening service carried out by the Wolfson Institute is being discontinued in June 2022 and all samples for Down’s Risk Screening (first or second trimester) will be referred to the specialist service at Addenbrooke’s Hospital from 23rd May 2022.
- TDL’s DRP Request Form can continue to be used – to enable testing for Down’s risk, it is essential to complete all details.
- Samples and request forms must include full name, surname, and DOB. This is the minimum sample acceptance requirement.
- Addenbrooke’s Hospital Down’s Risk Screening is UKAS accredited to standard ISO 15189:2012 (ref 9814).
- No change in sample type: 1 x plain or gel SST, or separated and frozen serum aliquot (sent as frozen).
- Ambient sample stability is 72 hours
- TAT: 5 working days.
- Test code (unchanged): DRP.