Change of service for Histopathology
TDL is now providing its own histopathology services. Over the years TDL has provided an effective referred service, and the expectation is that TDL’s service will remain equally effective. This important change will allow the service to be brought into TDL’s own laboratory group and will ensure reporting times are managed differently.
The service will be based in TDL’s laboratory at Northwick Park Hospital. The transition for this change has been scoped over the last months and the new service is now fully operational.
It is important that patient’s details, date of birth, specimen site(s) and clinical details are always clearly given in the request forms, and provided with all specimens.
- Bringing this service in-house will allow for significantly improved turnaround times with no change to the way results are issued to the practice.
- There will be no change to practices’ current pricing
- Supplies for pre-filled histology pots, buckets, and formalin should be ordered through TDL Supplies.
Click here to download the TDL Specimen Pots Order Form (PDF)
- The results reporting will be carried out by Consultant Histopathologists based within the laboratory service.
- For any advice or enquiries about this service please contact email@example.com.