TDL Postal Pathology
Postal pathology services should be considered by all practices in the UK who need a rapid delivery service to the laboratory.
Changes with Royal Mail mean that ALL pathology postal packs are now made up with Tracked 24 returns. This provides a particularly suitable method of transport for any healthcare organisation. Postal pathology with Tracked 24 returns provides:
- Simple and convenient sample handling throughout the UK for most tests. It is not suitable for microbiology or coagulation samples
- Scope for large and small numbers of samples
- Next morning delivery
- Allows patients and practices to track samples through the Royal Mail system
- Samples can be posted from any Royal Mail post box, including COVID-19 antibodies
- Designated Priority boxes for COVID-19 PCR (swab) kits.
- There is a charge of £2.26 for each Royal Mail Tracked 24 pack. This charge will be itemised in monthly invoices to the practice or patient, as requested.