It is the policy of TDL and TDL Genetics to perform all its work to the highest possible level of quality and compliance. ISO 15189 Medical Laboratories and Good Clinical Practice (GCP) are the minimum foundations upon which the standards of work are based. Our blood transfusion services comply with the Blood Safety and Quality Regulations 2005 (BSQR 2005), and we are regularly monitored by the Medicines and Healthcare Products Regulatory Agency (MHRA) to ensure this compliance.
This policy statement reinforces both our customers and staff the commitment that management of TDL and TDL Genetics has to high standards of quality compliance and service.
User needs and requirements
In order to ensure that the needs and requirements of users are met, TDL and TDL Genetics will:
- Operate a quality management system to integrate the organisation, procedures, processes and resources.
- Set quality objectives and plans in order to implement this quality policy.
- Ensure that all personnel are familiar with this quality policy to ensure user satisfaction.
- Commit to the health, safety and welfare of all its staff. Visitors to the department will be treated with respect and due consideration will be given to their safety while on site.
- Commit to comply with relevant environmental legislation.
- Uphold professional values and be committed to good professional practice and conduct.
Complying with standards
TDL and TDL Genetics will comply with standards set by ISO 15189, and are committed to:
- Staff recruitment, training, development and retention at all levels to provide a full and effective service to its users.
- The proper procurement and maintenance of such facilities, equipment and other resources as are needed for the provision of the service.
- The collection, transport and handling of all specimens in such a way as to ensure the correct performance of laboratory examinations.
- The use of examination procedures that will ensure the highest achievable quality of all tests performed.
- The reporting of results of examinations in ways which are timely, confidential, accurate and clinically useful.
- Annual review of the Quality Policy and Management System.
- The assessment of user satisfaction, in addition to internal audit and external quality assessment, in order to produce continual quality improvement.